Mrs. Sandy Jones
1. Introduction to and practice in delivering the following types of speeches:
2. Introduction to practice and debate.
o The importance of communication in society
o The importance of self-concept in communication
o That messages that be verbal, non-verbal, vocal, or a combination
o How to use note cards to record and arrange information
· Identify ways to improve verbal messages
· Identify and implement five steps in preparing a speech
· Identify and describe the three main parts of speech
· Use oral and written methods to evaluate the speeches of others
· Selection and introduction of guest speakers
· Video presentations
· Weekly speeches
Materials (Every Day):
· Index cards
· Pen or pencil
50% Speeches, Group Presentations, Projects
20% Nine Weeks Assessment
20% Quizzes and Daily Grades
Planning Period: Sixth Period
Monday, February 17- Class will finish making up missed presentations.
Tuesday, February 18- Class will present romance speeches.
Wednesday,February 19- Class will finish presenting romance speeches.
Thursday, February 20 - Class will deliver demonstration speeches.
Friday ,February 21 - Class will finish demonstration speeches.