Welcome to Amherst County High School Special Education. The Special Education department serves students with documented disAbilities according to the student's Individualized Education Plan, more commonly referred to as an IEP.
The following is a list of Special Eduation Teachers and links to their individual teacher sites.
Special Education Lead Teacher - Miss Lelia Mays
- Mrs. Johnson - Math
- Mrs. Begley - Transition Coordinator, Earth Science
- Ms. Brown - English, Resource
- Mr. Bryan - Math, Driver's Education, PE
- Mr. Camden - Math
- Mrs. Ellis - English
- Dr. Wilder - Science, Algebra I
- Mrs. Harvey - Pre Vocational, History, Reading
- Mrs. Litchford - Independent Living, Science, Reading
- Miss. Mays - Social Studies, Resource
- Mr. Maddox - Social Studies, Resource
- Mrs. Reed - Resource, Social Studies
- Mrs. Sandidge - Science, Resource
Ms. Payne - Math, Reading, Independing Living, PreVocational
Below you will find numerous resources for parents and students. Please take the time to investigate these links, as you will find them to be very valuable to you in educational and transition planning.